Sunday, December 14, 2008

This time next week

I'll be at the airport.

I can hardly believe it. From a countdown that started in July, it has come around quickly and kind of unexpectedly. Nevertheless, I'm stupidly excited. I've divided the things I've been looking forward to into categories:

Smells:
- Jacaranda trees
- Freshly cut lawn
- Sprinklers in the evening
- BBQ's

Sounds:
- Australian newsreaders - weird, I don't know why seeing as though I don't even watch the news. Maybe just Australian voices on the tv.
- Crickets
- Mozzies

Foods:
- Asking for a flat white
- Proper Asian food - hello BBQ City, where have you been
- Chocolate Paddle Pop
- Golden Gaytime
- Farmers Union Ice Coffee
- Mango Magic Boost Juice (apparently there's one here, but I know it's not going to be the same)

Random:
- Driving a car with the radio on
- Going for a walk up Mt Lofty and saying hi to people when you walk past
- Going for a walk in the evening when it cools down
- Meeting up with my friends to just have a coffee - that never seems to happen here
- Going to the beach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

People, well, that's just obvious.

I wonder if it's going to feel like I'm 'home'. Because, at the moment, I'm completely torn as to where and what I consider my home to be. I feel like London is my home and Adelaide is where I'm from. I know coming back is going to be awesome, but how will I feel when I have to leave? Will I want to stay? Will it make me realise I'm not coming back for a while? I know I'm thinking about this too much, but it's almost impossible not to. What I do know is I can't wait to see you all and it's going to be hard to say goodbye.

See you soon suckers.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

looking forward to seeing ya!

Anonymous said...

PS. No longer on facebook, so you will have to catch me via email or mobile number.
rani_banani@hotmail.com , mobile number available when you email me!

Unknown said...

Yoel and I are distressed... DISTRESSED that the Treehouse doesn't even rate a mention...

DISTRESSED!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Distressed and NEGLECTED!!!

Unknown said...

It's like we've been left for an even hotter chick at the school formal Yoel...

Damn you V2 and your wandering eye for shiny objects with gigantic Kirby Hands of chaos...

Franko said...

And fingers crossed we'll actually be experiencing some summer weather by the time you get here!