Saturday, December 20, 2008

I have to

Have a 2008 reflection. It would be a waste of a year and a diary not to. Plus, I can't be bothered packing and figured this would be a better idea.

So this has been a truly incredible year. I've seen, done and visited some of the most amazing things and places. Without having a Gwyneth Paltrow Oscar breakdown moment, I'm lucky to have these opportunities; I know this, but the most satisfying thing is that I've created all this for myself.

At the beginning of the year I decided it would be the year of weekends away. I may have taken this a bit far.

January:
- Amsterdam (this is after a week of skiing in France over xmas)

February:
- Dublin
- Belgium

March:
- Morocco

April:
- Oslo
- Salzburg
- Sardinia

May:
- Genoa, Cinque Terre, Milan, Bergamo
- Stockholm

June:
- New York

August:
- Paris
- Ibiza and Valencia

September:
- Isle of Wight for Bestival

October
- Loire Valley

December:
- Australia

I've also seen some amazing gigs, dance performances, galleries, art and of course, eaten some unbelievable food.

For some of my friends, I know this year has been trying beyond belief and I hope this next year brings you the happiness you deserve. I guess I'd also like to say thanks to all of you who make the effort to read my blog as well as stay in touch with me. It was me who packed up and left and I know it's hard sometimes to take the time out to try and explain in words the ins and outs of your everyday life to someone who isn't there anymore. But it's important for you all to know that the smallest email can bring a thousand words worth of happiness.

I think I should stop before I start quoting Confucius. And, I really should pack.

I'll see most of you very soon. I can't wait. And for the rest, I'll see you in 2009.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the bloggy goodness all year Ness! It's provided many moments of smiliness and also plenty of "what the fuck?" exclamations.

Looking forward to seeing you!! Enjoy the UBER long flight! See you next Saturday!!!!