Saturday, May 12, 2007

Update

Ok, about time for an update. Since my last post I have eaten yet more crap...mmmmm eton mess and spend even more money on freakin public transport. Oh, and I've also been working. Yes, it's strange to start using my brain again. Unless I've gotten considerably more talented/smarter (I highly doubt this is the case), the standard of copywriting here isn't that high. I wrote a million page document on Shell diesel fuel and they didn't change anything. I find that weird when I rewrote the same thing and had to double check what writing in the 3rd person was. See, I haven't got smarter. I also re wrote a press release on some WAG reality tv show that I had no idea about, yet they thought it was great. Oh, I also got to work on an Impulse pitch this week which was cool. I totally like got in touch with my 14 year old self again. Like yeah.

Stupid stupid real estate agents here. We were suppose to move into our place tomorrow but no, it's not ready. This is the 3rd time they have changed it. So now the big day is Tuesday. Plus they have sprung on us that we need to pay 8 weeks rent in advance as well as 6 weeks bond. Needless to say I had to get a money transfer from my OZ savings account because my funds are totally wiped out.

Hmmm, going to bed now. The 4 hours of travelling a day is kind of tiring. Boota and I are going for a walk in the fields tomorrow morning to attempt to walk off the burger, chips, brownie, banana caramel pie and eton mess we consumed tonight. We may or may not stop in for cake in the village afterwards....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vanessa

Ok, so here i am going through the crisis that happens to me every year
" god i hate my job, everyone there is a mole or mole in training. maybe i should quit? But what would i do? Oprah is only on for one hour a day, and ready steady cook makes me really hungry. Maybe i could paint and do yoga and find myself. Yes!! Eureka!....Err...hang on....there's no one paying me to do that. I know i'll temp until i find something i like." So that's what I'm doing. I'm about to have my second interview with an advertising agency that you know, that i think a friend of yours works at here in vegas - at least i think that's what you said.

AND THAT'S WHEN I THOUGHT OF YOU TWO- next thought "why are there no emails from them?" then Eureka - i realise that you have a blog, and i have forgotten the address until now.

Before i go on, Please note the following -
-i hate you both for being there and having an awesome time. But at the same time, you know i am just green with jealousy!

So, the real questions -

- are yout temping? Copywriting? Where at?

- What's Anna doing? Give her a big hello for me!

if you ever feel the need to joining my space - you both should, as i am on there, and i rock.

http://www.myspace.com/its_rani

xxx Take care