Wednesday, May 30, 2007

'Summer' in London

Yes, I was aware when making the decision to move over here that it was cold and rained a lot. But honestly, I thought my timings would permit me to ease into it a bit i.e move over in 'Summer'. But no, it's cold and it's raining and I spend an entire tube ride trying to put my umbrella cover back on my umbrella and well it's black and kinda big so use your imagination. It provided great amusement to the guys I was sitting opposite to. Of course I was really engrossed in the whole process and didn't realise what it looked like until I was giving it a massive tug! HA!

I've caught up with a few people from home which has been good. I caught up with Caitlin who I haven't seen in years and can't manage to catch up with her in Adelaide but can in London! I am having MAJOR BBQ City withdrawlas. I went to a place called Ping Pong the other night and basically could have eaten the ENTIRE BBQ City menu for the price of a dumpling. A very bad dumping at that. And you all know how much I love my dumplings.

Other news, we have a mouse/mice in the house. We named it Jeffery. Jeffery was ok until he ate some bread on our kitchen counter and pooed in the kitchen. Jeffery now must die. I think out of the three of us living in the house it will be my responsibility to kill him as I found it fun picking up the massive worms on the ground while the others thought it was gross. The next debate is trap verus high tech mouse catcher. We'll see. I'll keep you posted.

I'm still freelancing at the moment. I'm not sure about the other job, I've been told they won't make a decision until the end of this week/beginning of next. I'm happy to see what happens. I think I have more freelance work here/potentially a permanent position. It hit me this morning that I am working on some massive campaigns and how lucky I am to be doing it. Stuff that I am the sole copywriter on will be shown in Trafalgur Square. Anyway, it just really dawned on me this morning. Perhaps I am a little slow. Yes, that could probably be the case. I should probably stop being so blase about the job...

I have a really cool laundrette. The lady who mans it helped me fold my Rebecca bedspread. Rebecca found that lovely. So did Vanessa. We even did the shake and bring together thing. It was so 80's.

Um, what else? The girls and I decided (acutally I just went along with it) to walk from our house to Oxford Street (this is a really long way and no one in their right mind would do it). Anna also got us lost, so that added 45mins to our journey. Overall it took 2.5 hours. We did stop in Chelsea (really posh suburb and we were wearing our trackies true Aussie style) for a pasty. I had a steak and guiness one and it rocked. Could have been hotter, but it was still great.

I've got a few quiet moments at work but I am trying to type quietly which is really hard. Why? Because nothing I type would be this long nor would it require this much typing in a row. I have great faffing technique by the way. For example, I stop and look up every few minutes and pretend I'm thinking about something. And then I draw something on my pad. Genius.

Ok, gotta go, I am heading to a 'Creative Summit' this afternoon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once upon a time when I was a poor Uni student with the moral dilemma of killing a mouse, I "borrowed" the neighbours cat for the day. You do not feed it, it gets desperate for food, it kills the mouse. Problem solved. Get a skinny one though, those fatties can live off their reserves...

Dances With Zombies said...

Cheese. Car Battery. Metal Prong to skewer cheese. Two lengths of wire....

Equals... spectacularly dead mouse.

Wood said...

Two very interesting pieces of information. I don't like cats though. How long would this process take?

Um, car battery? Yuck! I don't want to be turned off cheese. I love cheese. I don't want bad cheese memories.

Surely there is an easier way..

Anonymous said...

Regarding the Jeffery problem, have you considered a ferret? They're pretty cool. Much cooler than cats anyway. Or what about whacking Jeffery with your large black umbrella?

Try rolling the umbrella cover off before you leave home/work, then rolling it back on again once you’re on the tube. This may appear even more suggestive (and amusing) to onlookers but should reduce the struggle time somewhat.

Anonymous said...

So how much was the Peking Duck?