Monday, May 21, 2007

Life in London - that title is gay but it's all I got (actually, I got told I can't use 'gay' anymore as it's sooooo Adelaide)

Well, after gorging myself at lunch on Friday. I can't remember whether I wrote about that or not? Well, I'll tell you all again anyway. Ok, let's pause from the original story and go with this one.

Lunch time - went to this fantastic bbq place at Borough Markets. It's an actual bbq place and they cook the biggest hamburgers on the grill (like they are bigger than your face). The guy who cooks it is like Seinfield's soup nazi. He's very scary but the burgers are amazing. They are put in fresh baguettes with grilled peppers, rocket, mayo and salsa. Mmmm, I am salivating as I type. I went with some of the guys in my team and after about 5 mins one announced that I really love food. Yep, nothing has changed. So after lunch I walked around the markets and decided after eating my mega burger I still had room to go around to the varous stalls and eat all the trial brownies and then decided I wanted some home made icecream made with CLOTTED CREAM. Surprisingly I was full after.

After creating more genius at work I went shopping on Oxford Street. No, I still haven't been paid yet but I really needed a sheet, oh and maybe a dress but it was only £10! Then I met the girls at our local which is a pub called The Clarence. We ended up having a massive night and walked back from a club at Clapham called Infernos at about 5am. The name says it all. It was a lot of fun though.

On Saturday Skinner and Anna's friends came to stay and we went back to the Borough Markets for more burger action. Then we went back to Oxford Street and maybe did other stuff which I can't remember cause I was so tired. Oh, I think some cake was eaten too. Sunday we went to Notting Hill and looked around the market. Well, the full market wasn't open but we found the best cupcake place EVER. I also bought the best earring holder which I have named Rebecca. Rebecca, by the way, is the name of my new alter ego. My new room is actually named Rebecca after my bedspread and I talk about her in the 3rd person. Rebecca is a very mature room (she is almost 26) and is cream, brown and latte. Rebecca has a throw on her bed which has colour coordinating polka dots. Rebecca sometimes wears ribbons in her hair - ok, maybe that's taking it too far! See, I could go on all day being Rebecca. I wonder when it's going to get old....

We also went to the Tate on Sunday which reaffirmed my hate of some types of modern art. For example people painting a canvas in all red and claiming it's their 'interpretation of their trapped subconscious'. Plus, I had been holding Rebecca al day and I was tired.

Ok, I better go cause I need to write something in the form of a weird monster thing for the Wireless Festival.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rebecca??? Did you leave Tamspa back here?? We love Tamspa.tp

Anonymous said...

Wow, the Wireless Festival... very cool! I hope you're scoring free tix for your efforts. Are your bits up on the site yet? Perhaps the responsible drinking blurb?

Wood said...

Tamspa is soooooo Adelaide. Rebecca is London. Rebecca is the new black. Except Rebecca wouldn't wear black. She wears charcol. Hope you had wonderful bday celebrations xx It's ok, you're not old.

Free tickets. Yeah right - I wish!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ness...
Your blog is very entertaining.

Wood said...

YOEL!!!!!!!!!!! Yodel-eh-i-hoooooo. Do you miss my singing? I'm hungry....

Anonymous said...

Heh... yes I do miss your "singing".
I'm hungry too.

Anonymous said...

Good words.