Sunday, April 22, 2007

You buuuuy? You liiiiiiike?

Ah, the capital of western dudes with Thai girlies (boyies) hanging off their arms. Of course, it may be true love....until they wake up either married or with their money gone. God, I'm a cynical bitch aren't I?

While I'm still having separation anxiety being away from Koh Phangnan, Bangkok is proving to be fun. Actually, rewind. I need to tell you of my eating adventures in Surat Thani.

Surat Thani is not known for much other than being a port to the islands and for it's night market. And what a night market it is. We STUFFED our faces there for about 40 baht each. I'm not good with conversions but I think that's maybe $2? We weren't sure what we were eating but we kept on going back to this still that was selling the most beautiful unidentifiable foods. Then we ate by one of the roadside stalls and had a mind blowing pad thai. It was cooked by this little old lady with a wok that was just about the size of her!

Ok back to Bangkok. We arrived today and decided to go to the weekend markets which are the biggest outdoor markets in Thailand. Maybe even the world. I may be exaggerating but it would sound more impressive. Actually, I should have just claimed it and waited for someone to correct me. I really didn't need to type those last 3 sentences. Anyway, we decided to catch the local bus which was a lot of fun. We didn't know where to get off and no one on the bus spoke English so when we did actually work out what we were doing we were let off in the middle of this 3 lane freeway. I think I may have been really girlie and squealed a little.

I'm going to have a real shock in a couple of days when it won't be normal to have a daily massage and consume at least 3 fruit shakes each day. I think I may have mentioned this in my last post. Obviously I am having a real problem with the thought of not being on holiday anymore.

I think that's it.

Oh, and I'd just like to say that I know at least a few people are reading my blog, so how bout leaving a comment on there every so often?? C'mon - gimme some love!! 2 dolla, you liiiiiike?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You come across so cynical when we all know you're not really like that at all. Keep the posts coming I'm enjoying the updates. A great distraction from the drudgery that is my life.

Ciao Bella.

Anonymous said...

Well here it is - the love! See we really do care about you even though you left us all alone and with 1 less pictionary player. It sounds like you are having the most wonderful of times and with each post I can almost taste the yummy foods you are describing. I have to remind myself not to read your posts before lunch time as there is always a reference to food some where. Keep the updates coming so I can live vicariously through you.

Seeya Nic

Anonymous said...

'ello?? I liiiiiiiike, I care...I am just too jealous to acknowledge the fun you are having.
P.S We went to Mount Gambier, thinking about starting our own blog. Paper mills? That'll keep 'em coming! xtp

Wood said...

Guys, I'm totally feeling the love. Thanks. Although, with the exception of Nicky, I don't know where I'm getting the love from. Feel free to leave your name, or not. I'll take it where I can get it!

Anonymous said...

The adventures combined with your ability to find quality food anywhere puts a smile on my dial. Thanks for the laughs and remember "keep on squatting", I'd hate to see all the practice go to waste. Hmmm come to think of it, it may be your super power.

Seeya