Tuesday, April 24, 2007

It's almost time to go (again)

I can't believe it, but it's almost time to leave for London. Tomorrow is our last full day here and we are spending it by getting up at 3am to get a bus to Hell Fire pass on the River Kwai. We saw the bagpipers practice in the cemetary here in Kanachunburi today and that alone was moving. I can't imagine what it's going to be like at the dawn service...

Today we went to the tiger temples and patted tigers. It was crazy! The workers at the temple hold your hand and walk you around the tigers who are lounging on the ground. I reckon there was about 8 of them. Then you sit next to them and have your picture taken. Yes, it's touristy, but hey, when else are you going to be able to pat a tiger?

Ummm, I was going to talk about poo but then decided against it. Do you guys need to know about my pooing stories? Mmmm maybe I'll leave it. Ok, I'll go eat some dessert instead. Ta ta.

Ohhh. I am going to try and get upgraded on the flight to London on account of my bum still being mega sore. I am honestly dreading the thought of sitting on it for 11 hours. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had wondered how long it would take for the dreaded poo stories to come out. It appears the wait is over.What is the day in the life of Givemewood without a poo story. Bring it on

Anonymous said...

Hey Wood, dying to hear those poo stories and hope your bum received the respite it so richly deserved - how did that upgrade go?

Dawn Service at Hell Fire Pass: you've put some real thought into this trip - it's not all massages and fruit slurpies!

You'll be pleased to know it rained in Adelaide, for the first time in feck knows how long. We'd almost forgotten what the strange wet stuff falling out of the sky was.... A day late for the traditional wet 'Zac day parade though.....