Saturday, April 21, 2007

Goodbye to beach, massages and fruit shakes

Today is our last day in Koh Phagnan and I feel depressed. I am seriously thinking that all I need in life is my bathers, a beach hut and maybe some sunscreen. Oh, and a fan. Who needs a proper toilet anyway? Sitting, flushing and toilet paper is seriously overrated.

We've had a great last couple of days. I think the highlight was when Anna and I were sitting as this beachside cafe taking photos of our feet when this American dude asked if we wanted him to take a picture of us. From there, picture taking turned into this chat with him and his brother who turned out to be a Sharman in Peru. This guy had lived in the Amazon for 6 years healing people with ancient herbal medicines. I managed to keep a straight face until he said that the spirits who had led him to Peru after college had guided him to a newspaper to find some land to set up with retreat thing. Honestly, those spirits are pretty cluey, imagine looking in a newspaper to find some land to lease. It was at that point I had to bite the inside of my mouth. Guess what the other guy did for a living? He was a lawyer?! Ha.

Umm, what else? Did yoga for 2 hours the other day in between stints at the beach. Let's just say I don't recommend doing yoga when it hurts to bend down, walk, sit of lie down. So basically I sat next to the fan and watched everyone else realign their chakras or whatever it is that you do in yoga. Oh, I liked the bit at the end when she came around while we lay on the floor and gave us a little head massage.

Yesterday we went on a tour around the island which was fun but left me rocking for the rest of the night. We walked through the jungle and went swimming in a waterfall (don't get jealous - it was freakin hot and there wasn't much water and what water was there was a really weird colour). We also went swimming and snorkeling and we met some people from London so it will be nice to have some locals show us around when we get there. We ended our last night here with a massively sweaty boogie on the beach until closing time and today we will have one final fruit shake and massage before we get on the ferry.

As I said before I feel depressed to leave here. The thought of London and big city life is almost unimaginable at this point in time where everyone operates at their own pace, watches aren't needed and the hardest decision you have to make is what kind of massage you want or what flavour fruit shake (we are obsessed with these things!) you feel like. I know, I know, it's not reality, but dammit, why can't it be?

No comments: