Wednesday, April 18, 2007

More fun times

Black Moon party was cool. It was a bit doof doof for me, but hey, I can still jump around with my neon glowsticks with the best of them (ok, so there weren't any glowsticks but someone found a pair of glowing glasses on the ground which did the trick). Buckets were drunk, sand lounge chairs were dug, a UV 7-Eleven sign was painted on my chest and the night was finished with a cab* ride back to Hat Rin at 7am. Yea, it was slightly fun.

Yesterday was a nothing day, although we did manage to lie on the beach in the afternoon, drink fruit shakes while watching 4 episodes of Friends (late 90's with the 'Rachel' hairdo), get a foot and head massage and then hang out at night with the Brissie people and a Thai dude called Santina at his chilled out bar on the hill at the beach.

Today Anna and I did a Thai cooking class. We are soooooo domesticated. Look out Jamie Oliver. For some of you who know my stringent cooking procedures when it comes to washing vegetables you would have been very proud. I ignored the flies buzzing all around our food, the fact that nothing was washed and I reckon everything had been lying out in the sun all day. So, our first course was spring rolls. I think our cooking helper thought I was culinary challenged as he kept on chopping my things up for me. Anyway, they were awesome. Even if I do say so myself. Of course I went too hard too fast and ended up stuffing my face first course and feeling sick for the next three to come. Next up was Tom Yum soup - there was even chili in it. I think I may be getting less wussier when it comes to chili. Yeah - hardcore chili eater! Then there was Pad Thai. Yes, I am very very clever for cooking this. It even tasted good! Dessert was bananas in a coconut soup, it was surprisingly good. By the end of it Anna and I bolted back to our room cause we both needed to lie down.

Tonight we are going to get another massage and hang by the beach and watch the fire throwers. Tomorrow we may hire some scooters and do some exploring, oooh, and we are going to try a yoga class.

Soooo, everyone, how's work going? HA!!!

BYE!!

*Cab ride in Thailand = nail biting ride in back of truck thing

2 comments:

Hamster said...

Don't know if you've seen this already but if not Yu might be interested in this website.
www.thaifoodtonight.com
It's got about 30 recipes each one with a cooking video to go along
Good if you like to try cooking Thai food at home

Anonymous said...

Thanks givemewood, I'm thrilled to hear about all the exciting adventures especially the food....derrr as if there is anything else in your life you worship. Rest assured work sucks and your posts only imspire me to quit my job. Thanks for the inspiration