Monday, April 16, 2007

Ko Phangnan

After travelling for the best part of 12 hours with my massively sore arse, we arrived in Ko Phangan. Honestly, trying to prop yourself up on your elbows for 3 hours on a bus is not what I would call fun times. It took 4 buses, 5 hours of waiting around, a ferry which had fire coming out of the top engine and a nail biting open bus ride to get here - but we made it and it was fun!

Hat Rin, where we are staying, is CRAZY! I finally saw the famous buckets which everyone talks about. For 150baht (like 8 bucks) you get this bucket with a lot of straws, a spirit bottle and a mixer and then drink away. You're surrounded by flame throwers and then they light up this rope for people who have had one too many buckets to try and jump rope in. Then they also light up this ring of fire for people to do somersaults through.

Also, I think there will also be a lot of guys going home from holiday leaving the part out about how they hooked up with a hot Thai 'chick' on the beach. From what I saw from last night there would have been a few who were either left out of pocket or got a nasty surprise when they reached into the girls pocket - haha. Seriously, it's so hard to tell. I can't tell the difference so no wonder the guys can't. Although maybe stubble would be a good indicator?

Tonight we are off to the black moon party with a group of Aussies from Brisbane that we met on the trip over from Krabi. It's either in the jungle or on the beach. There seems to be a bit of confusion but I'm sure we'll find it and I'm sure it will be fun.

I've totally missed travelling. I love the adventure, the unexpected and the random people you meet along the way.

Speaking of unexpected, we found out about the ANZAC dawn service on the River Kwai so Anna and I are going to skip staying in Bangkok for too long (nothing missed there) and go up north for it. I can't wait to go, the guys who told us about it said it was the most moving experience.

Ok, gotta go organise the River Kwai thing and maybe eat something. Ah, life is hard!

No comments: