Tuesday, August 08, 2006

So itchy

Ok, I need to have a bit of a whinge. I have been bitten by Spanish mozzies over 70 times since Biarritz. They have had an absolute feast on me. AND, they aren´t just normal mozzie bites, they are massive welts all over my body. I cannot begin to describe how itchy I have been over the last week. It´s getting beyond a joke. Every bit of exposed flesh has been bitten. I had about 7 bites on my neck a couple of days ago and I looked like I had some weird disease, or maybe a lot of hickies, I¨m not sure....

Ok, enough complaining!! Today I went to the Alambria (I think I have spelt this wrong but you get the picutre!). We had to line up for 4 hours to get tickets. It was quite commical because when you got to the front of the line there suddenly appeared these random people who had been ´waiting´with you for 4 hours but you just hadn´t noticed them. Funny about that. In particular there was this one guy who claimed he was in the front of the line and then all these people had accidently passed him and he needed to jump back into the queue. Everyone in the line was yelling at him, security was called and he still wouldn´t budge. Finally security came again and he was told to leave and everyone cheered, it was a victorious moment!

The Alambria was beautiful, that´s all I´m going to say because all I am going to do is gush and sound wanky, so I´ll do what I do best and talk about the food I have been eating. I have been eating the BEST food here. I know I say this everywhere, but the Morrocan influence in the cuisine is soooo tasty. The tapas is also amazing. For lunch or dinner you can get a tapas dish and a drink for 1.50 euro. It´s so cheap and so good. It´s also fun not knowing what you are ordering and then trying to work out what it is!

Tomorrow we are going to check out the gypsy caves, try and find some flamenco and eat some more. Then the day after it´s off to Madrid for a whirlwind visit.

Hope you are well and I´ll scratch you later.

2 comments:

Dances With Zombies said...

Maybe the mozzies have a zombie disease and you're starting to turn?

Dspose and the Zoek said...

Ness would be a great zombie.