Thursday, August 10, 2006

Almost adios to Spain

Hi all

Just a quick post to let you know what I have been up to since my last entry. It has been pointed out to me that I have been spelling one of the 7 wonders of the world incorrectly. Therefore everytime I have written 'Alambria' in my last post pretend I was writing 'Alambra'. My last day in Granada was spent in the Sierra Nevada mountains swimming at the bottom of this waterfall in absolutely freezing water [I didn't know this was possible in 40 degree heat]. It was so cold that it felt like you had pins and needles running through your body. It was beautiful though. Then, while trying to get the early bus back to Granada we got lost and for some unknown reason (this may have actually been my fault) thought we could race up a really steep hill in 15 minutes to catch the bus [it actually took about half an hour]. As a result we missed the bus, saw a funny picture of a bullfighter with braces and ended up in a thunder storm in a the middle of this little Spanish town. It was quite funny. Later that night we went to a flameco show held in the gardens of the Alambra [note correct spelling] which was amazing and also one of the best things I have done all trip. It was absolutely spectacular.

Yesterday I was in Madrid which ended up being like a Spanish New York but not quite as cool. Today I am in Barcelona for a quick stop over on my way to France.

Bye!!

Ohh, guess what. I made it to the hostel in Barcelona without getting lost!!! Yeess! I am sooooo clever.

No comments: