Saturday, August 05, 2006

Sevilla

Hello

I am loving this use of free internet at the hostel I am staying at! Also, it's way too hot to be outside anymore so being here typing away is a great option. Yesterday, after my bitch, I walked around the cobbled streets and decided I wanted a banana. I walked around for an hour and a half looking for a supermarket as there are no fresh fruit stalls here. Let me tell you, when I finally found a supermarket in the basement of a department store it was very exciting. Kids, you don't need Christmas anymore. The only thing was the bananas were yuck so I had to buy a 6 pack of nectarines instead! Ok, enough about that story.

That night the hostel hosted a dinner party on the roof of the hostel which was a lot of fun. After dinner a group of us went for a walk around the city which was awesome. I decided to have a fairly early night but didn't end up going to sleep until 5am as I was in a mixed dorm with two snorers and people who decided they wanted to have a D&M about some girl this guy had met in the hostel and 'really felt a connection with' after two days. Argh, save it for the morning.

Anyway, after no sleep, we went to the biggest gothic catherdral in europe which was ok, but I am a little bit over seeing so many pictures of Jesus everywhere. Afterwards we went to the Alcazer which was the best palace I have ever seen. Similar to Cordoba, there is a huge amount of Islamic influence in the design of the palace, so there were a lot of water features, tiles and intricate arches. It was really something.

Ok, I'm hogging the computer now, Granada tomorrow and off to the Alambria which I can't wait to see, although I have to line up at 7am to get tickets....hmmmmm

No comments: