Sunday, August 13, 2006

I am an idiot

I have just realised that I have totally spelt the Alhambra incorrectly. Actually, I dont even know if how I am spelling it now is correct. Whoops and duh...

Just to update you all I am now in Italy at Lake Como, no sign of George Clooney's house yet but I'll keep on looking. Lyon was awesome. Another big nod to me for getting to the hostel without getting lost AND I didnt even have a map. Too bad it has only taken me 3 months to master the whole directional thing. I have just realised that I only have £50 and I am only going to be on the internet for 20 mins = £1.50. They are soooo going to yell at me. Crap. I wonder if Italians yelling at me will be the same as the Spanish. There was the best bakery in Lyon. I mean, the BEST. Plus there was the BEST creperie. I had two nutella crepes yesterday. I also went to this outdoor market and bought a huge baguette (they only sell them as huge or super huge) and then bought a mound of baby goats cheese and then proceeded to scoff myself silly by the river. This is after having a baguette for breakfast about 2 hours earlier. The only thing wrong with this scene is that it smelt like piss where I was sitting but there weren't a whole lot of seating options available...you probably didnt need to know this but hey, it's all about sharing the cultural experience.

Better go and do some exploring, my time in Lake Como was cut even shorter as I missed the train from Milan ealier this afternoon.

Tomorrow it's a quick hello to Rome before flying out to Athens and relaxing in the Greek Islands.

Ohh, I had an early birthday present today - I was on the train writing in my travel journal and this lady asked me if I was doing my high school homework. Yay, I still look 17 even though I am almost in my mid twenties!!!!!!

Ciao

1 comment:

Dspose and the Zoek said...

I wish I could have super huge baguettes and mounds of baby goats cheese. Mr Yoel likes cheese...