Thursday, July 13, 2006

So many cups of tea

I am currently finding my roots and am having a great time doing so despite it being freezing. I am drinking lots of cups of tea (when in Rome..) despite the fact that I don't really like the stuff. Honestly, the Scottish 'summer' is like an Adelaide winter. I have also run into a little problem. Because I carried too many socks around Europe I decided to cull the numbers of socks I was carrying around. BIG MISTAKE TO MAKE THIS DECISION BEFORE SCOTLAND. I now have run out of socks to wear and if I wash them they won't dry in time for me to wear them cause it's so cold. Anyway, enough about my sock dilemma.

I am in Oban at the moment which is in the west of Scotland. It is a nice little town on the sea - which makes it even colder!!! We are here for another day and then heading back to Aberdeen. It is nice to see where my mum grew up and I had a carvery lunch at Bucky's Farm which used to be the farm next door to mum's childhood home.

Gotta go, the Scottish charge an arm and a leg for internet!

No comments: