Sunday, July 09, 2006

Yes, I am going crazy with this extended use of internet time

Hey all

Just a quick note to let you know what I have been doing over the last couple of days.

Amsterdam was awesome. It was one of my favourite places I visited. It was just so chilled out and the people were really nice, the nicest in Europe I think. We went to a 'show' on our first night there, however I will not go into too many details as there are people over the age of 65 reading this blog. I will say it was quite entertaining as some of the people on my tour got pulled up on stage. If I had not been with people on the tour it would have just been seedy and a bit boring as there were no ping pong balls or anything of the like..heheh

I also went to Anne Franks house which was really interesting. Having read the book when I was 13 it was great to go and visit the house which put things into perspective even more.

On the way back from Amsterdam to London we stopped in Brugges in Belgium which was really pretty. I managed to eat large chips with mayonaise, tomato sauce and onions as well as a waffle with strawberry ice cream and chocolate sauce all in the space of 20 minutes as well as buying a block of chocolate which I thought was a good effort!!

Yesterday I had an awesome day at the Portabello Markets at Notting Hill (didn't see the door though..) and then went to see a NZ band called Fat Freddys Drop at Summerset House with some of the girls from the tour. It was one of the best concerts I have ever been to!!

In a couple of hours I am flying to Aberdeen to catch up with Rebecca which will be great, I am actually hoping it is going to be cold there as I bought way too many cold clothes over here so I want to be able to wear them!!

Ok, well I better go pack now as I need to leave for the airport soon...

Bye!

No comments: