Saturday, June 24, 2006

So much fun, so little time (to find internet)

Hi there

FInally been able to get internet access that doesnćt cost an arm and a leg. I am currently in Croatia so please excuse the typing cause some of the keys are funny. Croatia is stunning. We finally have had some time to laze around as this tour has been pretty full on (but still so much fun).

SInce my last update I have been to Rome and Venice (I think. I may have been to some more places but it is becoming a bit of a blur). Both were awesome. Oh, I went to Monaco too. Did all the touristy things including getting lost in Venice. I said to the girl I am sharing a bed/room with most nights on tour that I have no sense of direction and we should always do the opposite of what I think. This theory was proven correct yesterday when I got us lost on the way back to St Marks square. It's fun getting lost though. We walked through some cool cobbled backstreets. Gelati helps too. I have been eating gelati like its going out of fashion. I think today is the first time I haven't had it in a week.

Today we went to the Posjana Caves (that's not how you spell it but you get my drift). They were amazing. We went on this electric train through all these canyons and then got out and walked through the caves. My description does not do this place justice. Nor do phots which is unfortunately the case with a lot of the places I have been visiting.

Tomorrow I am debating whether or not to take a boat to the island of Rab in Croatia - god, my life is so hard! Some people were talking about hiring a boat so I am not sure what I am going to do. Decisions decisions.

Next we are off to Slovenia which will be awesome and then to Austria and Czech Republic. I watched the soccer the other night in Venice at our camping ground. It was so much fun as the place was filled with Aussies.

I am having an absolute ball here and can't believe that it is going so quickly. I have seen so many beautiful and amazing things and cant wait to tell you all in more detail when I get back.

Hope you are all well xx

No comments: