Saturday, October 16, 2010

Hot or not

Apparently I'm not a early adopter. When I say apparently, there's no real room for ambiguity, so let me start that again.

I'm not an early adopter.

I don't have an iphone. I don't even have a cool phone. I have a freebie that turns off all the time. Actually, I don't even have a phone contract.
I only got into pointy shoes 5 years after they were cool.
I bitched about skinny jeans for a year before filling my drawer full of them.
I refused to use predictive text until 2008 or was it 2009?
AND I STILL LOVE HOTMAIL.

I have been abused by player haters for my continued usage of this little blue wonder. Oh, I've been battered with words like 'intuitive, user friendly, accessible' and more hurtful ones like 'loser' but they're just empty promises and cutting words that do not cut me. Hotmail is da shit. It's aesthetically pleasing, it's easy to use and it happens to have all of my emails from the past 11 years.

It has suddenly occurred to me that people outside the pioneering world of advertising knows what the fuck an early adopter is. Nor do they probably care.

Oh god. I'm hotmail using, jargon dropping wanker.

4 comments:

Rach said...

looking forward to player hating towards the iPhone in our inaugural first meeting.

Crap Nokias 4 Life !!

Yoel said...

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

yui said...

I'm looking forward to the next update.

nay said...

I know what early adopters are.... :)