Monday, February 15, 2010

Unnecessary high fiving

Now, let me just start by saying, I like the odd high five. But it should only be done occasionally. Like once every three months and only if something really good has happened. For instance, if you’ve finally mastered juggling or if you’ve been learning how to tie nautical knots and can do a double loop bowline with your eyes closed.

I am exposed to a high fiver. There are many problems with this. The first is she does it too hard. She leaves a stinging sensation on my left hand. She is muscley and doesn’t know her own strength. Secondly, she makes me high five things I don't believe are warranted. I get to work late again on your job? High five. Let's make logo take over the entire page? High five. It gives off the impression we are ‘all on the same page’ but in reality, I'm reading 'What's my poo telling you' and she's half way through 'Eat, Pray, Love'.

Now, I like the girl, so I go along with the slapping, but I really want her to stop it or at least make the slap softer. I guess I could just completely miss her hand one day and then she might feel awkward or sorry for me and NEVER DO IT AGAIN.

Good idea?

3 comments:

Christelle said...

hahahaha thats a good idea:) just miss one day and maybe she'll get the message. good luck!

Hey Lady! said...

I suggest putting something oily or gross on your hand when you know she'll be doing it, when she asks about it, tell her it's for your skin infection. Then she'll never want to touch your hand again!

Anonymous said...

I suggest coughing into your hand and make sure she can see it ;)
OR u know how ya can go for a handshake but just as the other person reaches out u run ya hand through ya hair (like John Travolta would in grease) if you know what i mean ;) Take control of the situation ;)