Thursday, March 12, 2009

Stupid words

I've been doing some integrating. So much so, it's become part of my vernacular. So much so, I've been whipping them out in meetings. Like 'let's just crack on shall we?'. Recently, I've been whacking this phrase out onto the meeting table like it's chamber pot contents being thrown out of windows in 1800's London. Err, not sure why I've gone all Oliver on you, but let's move on. Oh, the use of 'crack on' was so tempting yet too obvious.

So, I'd like to dissect the stupidity of this phrase in two sections.

Section 1:

Let's just crack on

Am I baking?
Am I smashing wood with my forehead?
Am I at a Greek wedding?

No, no, no. So stop saying it you silly girl. Be your own person, don't let these bullshit blue sky phrases seep in and poison your mind.

Section 2:

Shall we?

As much as my mum would like my use of 'shall' in a sentence, I'm neither polite nor a resident of a castle so I don't need to include this in my vocabulary.

That is it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When I was a kid (sub 10yo) I used to substitute the word FUCK with FRUIT... I thought I was so clever...

Now I'm making up for lost time! :-)