Sunday, March 08, 2009

Future me

Last year, I decided to send myself an email in the future. You know, just to make sure that the future me was staying on track with what the past me wanted.

Monday, November 10, 2008 was like any other day. I probably, actually, correct that, most definitely, had Sainsbury's Fruit and Nut Muesli with yoghurt and banana for breakfast. And, because I just really enjoy checking what I was doing at various points in the previous year, I've even checked my diary to see exactly what I was up to. So, let's go back four months. The week before this fateful Monday, Skinner had left, I had caught up with Jaz, wondered why it had been so long since we last caught up, and as it worked out, it was the last time I saw him before he left. On the Saturday, I had met Vic and gone to the National Portrait Gallery. There, I had rushed up to this unsuspecting girl thinking it was Vic, and had made some highly amusing and witty comment about a fat Victorian lady to her. The girl who looked nothing like Vic but for those who choose to walk around blind like myself, it was quite an easy mistake to make. Let's face it, short bobbed, black fringed hair is very similar to medium length brown hair. Afterward, if memory serves me correctly, we went and had afternoon tea at the cute place in Soho Skinner introduced me to. On the Sunday, I went to Lisa's for her belated birthday lunch and most likely stuffed myself silly.

And now we go back to Monday. I think it had just hit me that Skinner had gone, I was feeling really sad, knowing that the next year was going to be tough without most of my friends who, up until then, had been sharing my London adventure with me. I think I just wanted to remind myself of how I wanted to be in the upcoming year. And you know what, there's definitely something to be said about timing.

Vanessa of November 10, 2008 wanted Vanessa of March 7, 2009 to know:

I hope you're making the most of every opportunity that comes your way and that you're happy.

Yea, it's a little lame-o, but past me would definitely be happy with future me. It couldn't have come on a better day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It COULD just be me mate, but I think this is one of those "makes sense in Vanessa's head" posts that we discussed... cos I have NO idea what the hell is going on...

OR perhaps I need my second coffee...