Monday, November 03, 2008

So wonley

Today it hit me. I had my fourth goodbye in three weeks and today’s was the probably the hardest. The goodbye in itself wasn’t the saddest part, probably because we made it quick and then I went and bought a load of crap at Primark immediately after. Instead, my delayed reaction happened on the tube two hours later somewhere in between Charing Cross and Embankment. Ah, public eye welling. It totally goes against my otherwise icy demeanour. Plus, you look like a loser with a defunct tear duct. Actually, I probably looked more like a loser/mentally unstable person that time I started laughing for no reason on the tube. Hmm, there’s always something worse. I think that saying is supposed to be ‘someone worse off’ and not supposed to be about yourself.

Awwwww, saying goodbye sucks arse. Ok, I know that no one likes saying goodbye. Unless you’re tonguing George Clooney goodbye and then immediately saying hi to Jake Gyllenhaal (please insert whoever necessary to build an appropriate mental picture), I highly doubt there is anyone who embraces the goodbye – wow, that’s so obvious, I’m actually a greeting card. Anyway, I guess the reason why I’m feeling all wallow like is because my world feels unbalanced and now I feel the true depth of London’s transient nature.

3 comments:

Franko said...

Finally got off my arse and got a G-spot so I no longer have to post anon. There's nothing wrong with Public Displays of Emotion Ness, although the Public Display of Affection can be decidely stomach-turning at times. One of my favourite films, DOGMA has Ben Afleck and Matt Damon playing fallen angels (how appropriate) and they frequently come across PDA's and/or PDE's which then become the focus of debate between them. Writer/director Kevin Smith uses these public displays to great affect and I think you should embrace your public eye welling in the same way. Or maybe I'm just dribbling because I had a huge weekend and I need another ten hours sleep.... Keep writing Ness. Ciao for now.

Dances With Zombies said...

I inserted Kate Beckinsale.


That is all.

Wood said...

Hey Frank! I'm not a fan of PDA either. In fact, I find it extremely hard to keep my eyes from rolling. But maybe it's just because I'm the number one contender for being that mean old spinster cat lady. Except I hate cats.