Friday, October 10, 2008

Why are people so dumb? Part 50.

Or are they just pretending?

I know I've bitched about this before, but I don't think I can keep on pretending that they're pretending. Sure it's denial, but I can’t possibly bear the fact that the ratio of dumb arses to normal, cynical, people is even a bee’s dick higher. I’d think to think the smart people out there are just hiding, perhaps chilling in their la-z-boy recliners debating the horrid example of this bastardisation of the English language but accepting that these chairs are in fact, a gift from the cushioning gods. But maybe it ain't so.

The latest example of dumbness was last night. Vic and I went to see Rainman the play. Like many a mediocre actor before him, Josh Harnett obviously decided that a bit of theatre would help in his quest to be more than just the Hollywood heart throb. Ha. Josh, if you were playing the autistic savant then maybe you’d get props, but you couldn’t even deliver your lines of 'the hot brother' properly. Yes, even us modest thespians (me Drabula’s (yes Drabula not Dracula) wife circa 1991 and Vic numerous roles in the Hills theatrical group circa 1990’s) picked up on this. But I digress. The dumb people were the females in the audience (aged 25 and over) who ‘wooooooooooooooooooed’ when Joshy walked on stage. I thought that would be it, but no, again there were actually giggling fits when he took his top off in another scene. Girls, how will we ever be portrayed as anything but Sex and the City watchers who buy razors and phones with Daisies on them if you people continue to act like this? Please, just stop. STOP.

In other news I still haven’t sent my postcards from New York. I plan to action this by the end of October.

I’m off to the Loire Valley this weekend. I can’t begin to tell you how much cheese I plan to eat.

2 comments:

Dances With Zombies said...

Morrish my friend, the world is a writhing cesspool of stupidity that will never improve. I don't even worry about being considered arrogant anymore. It's not me. It's everyone else (except maybe you and anyone that can play guitar and harmonica at the same time cos that's fucking hard!) embrace your gift of intelligence by making 'rage' noises whenever and wherever you can... it's good for baby jesus's soul... (hmmm do divine beings have souls? Maybe Yoel knows.....)

Am I on the postcard list? That would be sweet! (hint hint)

I like cheese.

Wood said...

Stew, sorry, I didn't buy any postcards this trip. Next year, I'll move you from the bench onto the field - yeah, sports metaphor baby!

I make the rage noises but I think people are just filing that under the weird stuff I do rather than categorising it as annoyance.