Saturday, February 09, 2008

A new quest

I had the most random night last night. It was one of those nights where you plan to have a quiet one, and end up coming home at 4am. So after going to a 'jam session' last night, I am now thinking I want to play the guitar. Along with my signature dish, I could so be one of those really really really handy people who, when going to someone's house can not only whip up a spontaneous yet superb dish, but then gather everyone around for a sing along after. Maybe around a roaring fire.

Let's go back to say, 1994, when I played the flute. Now under the influence of my mother, who wanted me to play a musical instrument and my sister, who I idolised and had played the flute, I attended flute lessons. I sucked. So much so, that my teacher gave up on trying to teach me for exams and indulged in my requests to compose my own music. I was seriously hideous at this. In every piece, there was no kind of rythem or chorus or whatever you call it, instead, I wrote in a 'trill' in every piece. Now this 'trill' sounded like a bird. Why did I included it? Do I like birds? No. It was because I only liked doing things I was good at. Obviously not much has changed, because last night, I made everyone who could actually play the guitar play Babara Ann over and over again so I could join in on the chorus.

But now I want to be a guitar player. I know I'll forget about this by hmmm, next week, but still I'm strumming the idea of this around in my head (HA!).

4 comments:

Dances With Zombies said...

You spelt rhythm wrong...

Wood said...

Dude, I'm a musician. I don't have time to spell. I'm too busy making music.

Dances With Zombies said...

I thought you where employed as a writer...

:-P

Wood said...

Hmmm, sometimes. I don't like to get caught up on details such as job description.