Friday, February 29, 2008

A new addiction

I’m finding it a little hard to write at the moment. You know when you’ve eaten so much that the usually lose skin around your stomach is now so taut that you figure this is the closest feeling to pregnancy? Well, imagine that and then some, maybe think triplets and that’s how I feel. Ugh. It was good though. I love team lunches. I love sausage and mash. And fries. And greens. And dessert. And wine. Lucky I’m heading to Brussels this weekend. I like for my stomach to be prepared for full eating capacity.

So news. Well, at work we are currently looking for an art director to work as my partner. Weird, I know. Especially when some of the people we’ve been interviewing have also been going for creative director roles or have worked at some of the best creative agencies in the world. Hmmm, could I feel anymore inadequate? Probably. Like if I was standing naked next to Gisele Bunchen, or if Dave Eggers read some of my copy. But that’s it. Oh, a humanitarian of some sort would probably do it too. And one of those 18 year olds who have started their own multi million dollar company and retire by 21. The whole process is weird because it’s kind of like being set up for an arranged marriage.

I’ve also been going insane booking things. Holidays and culture are the flavour of the month. I could be my own entertainment company. Wait, I am. I am so freakin’ excited. It’s the type of Vanessa excitement that means bunching my fists, doing an ‘eeek’ (the girliest one I can manage) and squeezing my eyes closed. I may do a shake of the head too. But not in an epileptic way, it’s more of a Hindu performing princess movement. I’m getting to a point where I can’t go a week without booking something. I may have a problem.

Ok, I really need to do some work now.

No comments: