Friday, November 09, 2007

The feet have touchdown

So when it rains, it pours, and this is definitely the case with the house situation.

During the week there were various developments starting with:

- me having a record breaking week in flat visitation
- a guy from work offering me a room at his flat
- me meeting a potential new houseshare group and being successfully 'chosen'
- seeing more houses for backup

So as a result, I accepted the new flatshare after being labeled a chosen one. However, there were a few problems. Firstly, it wasn't furnished, I couldn't move in for a month and I didn't really like the girl. Yes, slightly big problems, but I was desperate and said yes anyway. So last night I went and saw the house with these people. It was nice, in Angel (beautiful area in North London) and it would have ended up being reasonably cheap because one of the guys' partner was going to move down next year. However, it still left the problem of it being unfurnished and me being homeless for a month. So, I arranged back up flat visits later that night. The first was a house just down the road from where I live now. I went and met the flatties and we all hit it off immediately. The house was nice, fully furnished, I could move in straight away and it even comes with a TV!! I stayed for a cup of tea - they are all english so my tea consumption is going to rise even more. I didn't even go to the other place I had arranged to visit after because by the time I walked in my front door I had a message asking me to move in! So today I let the other people know I wasn't going to move in, which was incidentally lucky because now one of the housemates is hitting on me. Plus, adding to the rain count I got a message from another backup asking me to move in too! Ah, I love it when things work out.

So now I am de stressed and rather peppy. I am looking forward to cleaning the mould off all the walls in my old house this weekend before moving in somewhere with carpet and hopefully a flushing toilet. I am so moving up in the world. Although, my room is next to the toilet again. Is there a pattern here?

Today I said goodbye to Cassie by way of high tea at Shipps Tearoom. This place is so cute with tea cups hanging down from the ceiling, 40's style chairs and table cloths and the most delicious range of cakes, tarts and slices. We feasted on scones with clotted cream and home made jams, cucumber, cheese, smoked salmon and ham sandwiches as well as orange pekoe tea, a slice of pear tart as well as lemon drizzle cake. It was very grand. However, I now want to vomit.

This weekend is the last for Weir Road which will be a bit sad as it's kind of the end of a chapter. We are celebrating with a massive cleaning session on Sunday followed by takeaway curry. By the way, I just want to say I haven't eaten chocolate all week, despite many temptations along the way. I'm like a machine of strong will, but mostly just stubborn as I didn't want Skinner to beat me as I failed miserably last week after day 2.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great news Wood, but this brings the flat hunting saga and accompanying tales of contact with the slightly odd to a premature end. Your gain is our loss.

Wood said...

There's still time. I'm moving in with 4 other people....plenty of scope for nutters.