Thursday, August 30, 2007

Excitement is reaching an all new high

I have numerous things that I am excited about. I like doing lists, so the fact that I am listing what I am excited about is, in itself, very exciting. Maybe I also need to think of another word for exciting.

1. I'm excited about Megan coming over here to Xmas and New Years. HEAPS EXCITED!
2. I'm excited about my South Australia: It's heaps good t-shirt arriving - thanks Teresa!!
3. I'm excited about going to Croatia tomorrow. I'm jiggling with excitement about this one.
4. I'm super excited about seeing Kate tonight! Foie!
5. I got paid today!!

So at the moment I am doing a whole lot of nothing and trying to stop myself from jiggling at my desk. And also spontaneous smiling. I told a story at work this morning of how I couldn't be bothered cleaning the knife I was using to scrape my burnt toast this morning, so I wiped it on my palm and now I have toast ingrained into my hand. Perhaps it was a crap story, or perhaps (and this is probably more likely) they were wowed by my cleaning genius, so all in all, I'm trying to tone down the blabber, smiling and movement as I am going on my 4th holiday for the year and no one on my team has had one yet. Suckers!

I'm also trying not to check Croatia's weather every 5 seconds. I've recently worked out that BBC weather is extremely unreliable so now I am a dedicated follower of weather.com. It not only tells you the temperature, but what it also actually feels like and I find this a more accurate and well rounded weather source.

The weekend just gone was fantastic. Not only did I get a half day on Friday, but I ended up at the same pub that I went to for my birthday the week before. Then on Saturday I went to SW4 and had a brilliant time - I love The Shapeshifters!! Then on Sunday I headed up to Saffron Walden to spend time with the family and then Monday was Notting Hill Carnival which was crazy, fun crazy that is. The amount of booty grinding that was going on put my new found booty shaking abilities to shame! The worst thing was the raw chicken Anna and I almost ate at the Jerk Chicken tent. You would think that a piece of bird that was chargrilled to the point of total blackness would be cooked, but no. And what do they do when you show them your partly eaten bit of £8 chicken? Put it back on the BBQ to be given to another person! So wrong! I also tried some curried goat which so tender, but despite my newly found spice palate, I still had to shake my tongue in the wind to cool it down. Maybe I'm still slightly spiced challenged.

Oh, I also went to my 2nd West End show and saw Chicago with Cass. It was absolutely brilliant. I did some broadway moves after on the way to the tube. I think there was also some singing. Needless to say I was inspired to unleash my talents to the public.

Ok, gotta go and eat lunch. I've held out til 1, but then again, I have had a rice pudding and piece of bread. I guess some stomaches never change.

Ahhh, this time tomorrow I'll be on the plane!!!!! Wooooooooohooooooooo xx

No comments: