Monday, August 06, 2007

Encounters of the famous kind. Oh, and the arrival of summer. Finally.

Finally, summer arrived in London. It was short, but boy, was it good. The sun was shinning, get this, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. And then this morning it was raining. It was glorious. London when it’s sunny is one of the best places to be. Well, apart from the Greek Islands, or Australia for that matter. Ok, anywhere is beautiful when the sun is shinning. The word shinning is looking wrong, perhaps I’m spelling it wrong, but then again it would be shining and that just wouldn’t be right. Hmmm, now I’ve spent way too long debating that completely useless point and I’ll never get that time back in my life. I could have been doing something way more productive, like eating my morning snack.

BREAKING NEWS! I just went to the chemist to buy some drugs for my snotty nose and saw Jamie Oliver!!!! So exciting. He’s a little porky and not very tall. But he was wearing purple and I love a man who wears the colour of sexual frustration. It was my first famous person sighting. Anna saw Matt Shirvington the other week and I was very jealous.

I had such a nice weekend despite feeling like I was going to pass out and also having weird temperature changes (and I wasn’t even on the tube!). Saturday I went to Notting Hill with Skinner. We walked past where Kirsten Dunst and Jake Gy(can’t sell the rest of his name) used to live. We also managed to stuff our faces with some lunch – the food there is fantastic. I had a baguette and managed to cut the sides and top of my mouth from eating it too quickly. Luckily, there was an icecream stand near by and I alleviated the pain with strawberry movenpick (cone not cup). Then we headed to Hyde Park where we lay on the grass, read magazines and laughed at a miniature French pug get humped on the head by a massive dog. And no, we did not get our kit off like everyone else making the most of the sunshine.

Then we went shopping, I finally bought a black bag to replace the free one I got with a magazine that I had been using (this info is no doubt fascinating to everyone) and then went home to get ready for roller disco!

Roller disco was so much fun. After we missed the train stop and spent about ½ an hour wandering around trying to find the place we finally got there and boy, was it worth it. Every gets really dressed up old skool style and they play 70’s disco tracks. There are some pretty awesome skaters there who even dance on their skates. Think funky black dudes NYC style wearing crazy lycra outfits. The hardcore skaters even have flashing wheels. I got all enthusiastic about roller skating after and even contemplated buying some to roll around the house in.

Sunday was spent lazing in Tooting Common eating M&S fruit salad and chips, listening to the pod and reading my book. We bought a Frisbee at the shop but decided we should practice in the backyard first before we let ourselves loose in public.

And now it’s another week at work, but it’s a short one cause we are heading to Brighton to go Zorbing for a team building thing. Should be fun! If I don’t crap myself doing it!

3 comments:

TravellerCass said...

Oh my god, Roller Disco?? You so have to take me! Please, pretty please, pretty please with BBQ City on top???

Dances With Zombies said...

Ok what the hell is ZORBING? (no really... what is it?)

And it's shining. But you knew that.... didn't you?

V2? Copywriter chick? Didn't you?

Wood said...

Cassie - yes, but only if you bring me BBQ City takeaway.

Zorbing is when you go inside a big blow up ball and get rolled down a hill.

Yes, of course I knew it was shining. I was, erm, just testing everyone else.