Friday, July 20, 2007

Why, oh why is there no BBQ City for I?

I just wanted to share that I had the WORST Chinese in Covent Garden last Friday night. It was gross, and usually I like to see the best in food. It was even in China Town. Agh, so disappointing, but before you all start worrying about this life threatening disaster in my life, fear not, Cassie is bringing me a BBQ City menu when she comes in August. I plan to stick it on the wall and maybe lick it from time to time. Umm, too much information?

In other news, Anna, Megs and I went to Loughborough or Loogabooga as it is apprently referred to by some Aussies. We went for numberous reasons:

1. It was totally random
2. TV Rock were playing
3. Can't think of a 3rd reason

So word got around that there were 3 Aussie chicks around so that got us free entry (ok, so it was only £10 - or maybe less to get in but still, VIP baby!)into the club. We must have been hanging out in London too long (or maybe just way uncool) but we left this pre club bar at 11 to go to Rapture (yea, I know, dodgy name) and asked for directions. We got told that no one goes there til 1 and we'd be the only people there. So when went back inside and then decided that the security guy was wrong and headed off there anyway. He even shook his head at us as we walked away! So, we got there and yes, we were the only losers who got there before 12. But soon enough the cooler people of Loogabooga came and joined us and it started to get busier. TV Rock rocked and I think we boogied for about 5 hours straight. So Anna, Megs and I limped back to our hotel room which consisted of one smaller than average double bed. We decided sleeping across the bed was the better option and it was ok until the church bells went off every hour (not good when you get home at 5). So anyway we ended up checking out and having the best breakfast at a local cafe and then heading home. All in all a very good night.

This week has been pretty uneventful. The following things have happened:

- I learnt that you shouldn't always go for the cheapest Indian takeaway (not deterred though)

- My team leader has figured out I love food (well, duh)

- I saw our stupid real estate agent outside the tube stop. I couldn't work out who he was, then it clicked so I looked back and so was he so I gave him a mega glare and swore at him (yes, so I had turned around at this stage and I kind of muttered it under my breath but still, it was very street fighterish). Agh, stupid weasly idiot

- Tweens of today have no hope when a) they are called tweens b) read magazines called Go Girl and c) watch brain destroying Disney things like Hannah Montana, High School Musical and the Suite Life of Zack and Cody. The only trouble is, I am contributing in this descruction of positive self image and domination of American crap on the screens by writing ads for it. I think I need to go and build an orphanage or something...

- I used the word 'fab' in copy this week. It's sooooooooo English. Argh, I need to go srub my brain out

- I got paid out for saying yooooogurt not yogot. I'm just adding it to the list of stuff I am going to refuse to say such as 'hiya, trousers, you right and fella.

Tonight I am up in the country for my nephews party which is tomorrow. So I will no doubt be gorging on party food as well as two servings of cake as Anna and I have been talking up Cou Cou to Skinner so another round of cake will be had. Lucky we are heading to Shoreditch on Saturday night.

Hamburg this Thursday - yay, although none of us can remember why we are going.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do I have to be the first/only person to ask.....what would you call the orpahanage?
tp

Wood said...

Huh?? Puhlease explaination

Anonymous said...

Apparantly you are going to HAVE to open an orphanage (do you read your own posts?). What would you name it? As a philanthripist slash copy writer it is going to have the best name ever. I await....tp

Wood said...

Ha, I did too! God, the dribble that comes out of these fingers. How about Orphanages R Us? But the R would be backwards. It's funny how making letters backwards or adding a ii or an accent (thanks Peter and Katie) can really add an exotic slant to things.