Tuesday, March 27, 2007

What I'll miss about Adelaide

I love countdowns and seeing as though mine is now at 2 weeks (ok, ok give or take 24 hours) I thought I'd share what I'll miss about Adelaide.

- The beep beep guy who walks down Rundle Street yelling 'beep beep.....BEEP....beep' everyday in between 11-1230pm

- Johnny walking down the mall in his tutu and gumboots

- The homeless guy playing the keyboard outside the camera place on Rundle Street (now that's what you call talent)

- The guy who power walks down Rundle Mall with his headphones on yelling out the lyrics to the songs he's listening to

- The homeless alcoholic dude who thought I was Osama Bin Laden and told me to go home while wanting to shove his plastic bags into the cupboards of the shop I used to work in

Umm, maybe I should include some other things that don't include the Adelaide freak set....

- BBQ City (duh)

- Fruchocs/Haighs

- Cibo/Cocolat gelati

Whoops, this is heading to food obsession land. Let me think....

- The city grid system?

I got nothing. It's either food or freaks.

3 comments:

Dances With Zombies said...

nt
What about the emo's?
What about the public transport system?
What about the exceptional government road planning?
What about how EVERYONE fucking tries so hard to make sure the city is the flattest, beigest (is that a word) most fucking congested place in the state?

Oh oh.... what about Yoel? Surely you'll miss him?

Oh and ass pinching old men....

Wood said...

Geeeez, ok, obviously I didn't spend as much time on the public transport system as you. I say pffft to emo's. They're not exclusive to Adelaide and therefore do not rate a mention.

Yoel is a given. They should replace the statue of Col. Light with one of Yoel.

Mmmm.....dirty old men.

Dances With Zombies said...

Oh... a Yoel statur that's pointing out over the city? Nice. But I would prefer more of the standard 'sic shooter' pointing action. Lets take the statue to a new level.