Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I come from a family of small bins

This morning as I was trying to stuff carrot peel, the end of a cucumber and the green bits from strawberries into our already full kitchen bin, it reminded me of my family's penchant for purchasing small bins. Ok, I probably can't speak for my sisters because I'm pretty sure they're big bin people, but I will speak for my mum and I. We buy small bins.

Last year it was a source of amusement to my friends who found it extremely funny when they saw the new bins I had bought for my house. Yes, they were small. But they didn't look that small in the shop. They also thought it funny to remind me of mum's small bins in the house I grew up in. It's cruel to make fun of someone's small bins.

Since then I have seen the light. It is a pain in the arse to empty the small kitchen bin every second day. Especially when you have to climb up and down 2 flights of stairs to get to the wheelie bin. But it's never too late to change. From now on I will be a big bin person.

No comments: