Thursday, September 21, 2006

XX vs OO

This particular subject has caused much debate at my work. In the end I was proved wrong by about 3 people - majority rules. But I would still like to explain my argument. So here it is. Cast your mind to signing off an email to a good friend or a text message to a partner and you include a 'xx' at the end. My question to all of you is.....is a 'xx' a kiss or a hug?

This means that in every letter, email and text I have written or typed in the past using 'xx' to represent a hug I have actually been doing A LOT of kissing. But to me it's doesn't make sense. When you do the action of a kiss your mouth goes into an O and when you hug someone you cross your arms around them = X. It simply does not make sense for an O to equate to a hug and a kiss an X. It's stupid and I think it should be changed and that's all I have to say.

xx (And yes, that's a hug)

3 comments:

Dances With Zombies said...

DUDE you are more wrong on this one than you have ever been about ANYTHING!!!!!!! I'm more willing to concede you are in your early 20's than agree that X equals a HUG?? What the fuck??

Sometimes I wonder about you woody, I really do....

Wood said...

Go hug someone and see what your arms do. Go to the toilet and see what you look like when you do a kissing action. Then get back to me.

Dances With Zombies said...

So you want me to prove myself right??

Put my arms in a circle around someone and call it a kiss??

"you crazy dr jones"