Sunday, September 26, 2010

A potential skill

I think I could be a human sniffer dog.

Now, before you all go trying to Google this as a potential career change for me (thanks for your support, it means a lot), there isn't such a thing. But if there was, I'd totally be leashing myself up trying to find missing children and bad smells in cars. Honestly, I have a very keen, some might say acute, sense of smell. I only wish I could put it to good use. For the skeptics out there, I'll list some of the things I have smelt before others or as a lone smeller. Before I start, let me just preface it by saying some smells might seem everyday/trivial/hey, I've smelt that before, but I'll repeat it for you again, 'smelt before others'.

* Specific butterscotch feet smell
* Burning pan handle
* Match burning off poo
* Bad smelling jeans
* Shoes off under the table
* Scalp/unwashed hair
* Fake tan users
* Sometimes my own snot (too gross?)


Skilled, right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi V,
whilst I am impressed with your smelling capabilities, I would like to comment that if others could smell your snot that would be rather worrying.
NH

Rach said...

seriously, i have the same problem. which again leads me to believe we are the same person.

I walk into our apartment and i'm like "did you make toast last night!" "did you leave the lid off the peanut butter?!" i can smelllllllllllll it!!

I also cant be content if my house smells of any of the following: onions, soup, toast, pasta sauce. I need to open up all the windows to get the stench out even if it means we are all freezing and getting frostbite on our hands. It's fun living with me.

I also tell my work colleagues to get their goddam sneakers away from the radiators because the heat is heating up their shoe stench and it's doing my head in.

NOSE POWERS!!!!!!!

scdd said...

Specific butterscotch feet smell? I can't even imagine...but it sounds intriguing. How about wet holey socks inside a rubber boot that leaks? Way worse than wet dog smell. I was cursed with supersmell capabilities after my daughter was born. If we all got together we'd be an unstoppable force!