Sunday, August 08, 2010

Snoozing stars

I was pretty sure my half an hour Planetarium visit this weekend was going to be the cliff notes version of Bill Bryson's A Short History of Everything (while this is a VERY interesting book, my retention rate is about 1 - err, neurons or something?). Anyway, I thought my brain might go all spongy and I'd be able to report back and tell you everything about the universe etc.

Turns out the Planetarium seats are VERY comfortable.

So much so, after noting that the whole reclining back and shooting through the night's stars was very cool, I suddenly found myself extremely sleepy. I tried blinking a lot. Moving my head around. Wiggling. Doing large, wide eyes to stop drooping.

It didn't work. I fell asleep with my mouth open as we learnt about dwarf stars and what planets we could see in that night's sky.

So disappointing. I guess I can report an astronomer with a west country lisp talking you through space is VERY soothing.

No comments: