Saturday, July 03, 2010

An awkward conversation

Today I told someone I was wearing a nappy and I had indeed pissed myself.

But let's put this in context first.

I had written an article about a photography event that I was planning to do over the weekend. As a result, I had gotten free entry for my group. In the article, I had written about my excitement about running around East London photography answers to clues. I had described my excitement the type that makes you 'want to pee your pants'. Like most things I write or say, as soon as they've left my brain, it's like they never happened.

So today, I introduced myself to the organiser of the event. He held his arms open to hug me in greeting. I obliged awkwardly as embracing strangers is probably my 1007th least favourite thing to do. But then he kissed my cheek instead, so the hug at the end which I was originally going in for became a weird tack on, making me wonder if that was even the original intention. Anyway, he was very odd and strange people make me stranger. It's like a reaction; I turbo gush weird shit out my mouth as humanly possible.

Get a cup, or maybe a tank, because it's coming.

After the event, the organiser called out to me. He wanted 'feedback'. Now, after introducing myself, I kind of figured that my communication with him was over and a wave goodbye would suffice. But no. He asked me if 'that thing had happened'. I thought he was referencing me putting a hit on the other teams so we could win (this was something that came from my mouth in a panic following the kisshug). But no, it was about my article. Let's have a replay:

HIm: So did you piss yourself?

Me: Yeah, I did actually....

But I was wearing a nappy...

Him: You Australians are so prepared.

Me: Yeah, I have to be, I have a loose bladder. It used to dribble down my legs. That's of course, until I started on the nappies.

It came way too easily. It always does.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!

Cheers, Frank.