Thursday, December 17, 2009

People who make me feel sleepy

There are a few things that make me sleepy and they are as follows:

1. Being in a food court with that tiresome background chatter

2. Watching movies with the lights off (standard)

3. Work meetings (standard)

4. Boring people


I often wonder, do boring people know they're boring?

I mean, fat people know they're overweight, Chinese people know they're Chinese and so on. But boring people, do they know they are the corduroy of conversations? Man, there's nothing worse than getting stuck with a one way conversationer in social situations. You know the ones that make you fire incessant questions at them to keep the darkness of awkward silence from descending? And then to make matters worse, they make you scrape the barrel, you know, REALLY scrape, and dig out the turd of all conversation life support systems like:

* What do you do?

* What does a (insert boring job in here) do?

* Where do you live?

* Do you like it?

Pause...........wait for them to ask you something.....nothing.......insert desperate question generator thinking music

* Sooo, where did you get (insert clothing item if it's a girl) from?

Now, these people could just be really self involved rather than boring, but I'm pretty sure these two personality defects come hand in hand.

When I'm in a social situation I'm lazy. I either position myself sitting down somewhere, like a table or couch or right by the food table if there is one. Either way, I find it hard to leave my original seat. So this leaves me with problems when faced with the enemy. Yes, I could retreat, but I'm not a stander and I prefer to be using the cushion of my arse, after all, that's what it's there for.

Now, I don't know about any of you, but my normal boring person conversation ALWAYS pans out like this.

I start by testing the water. I throw out some questions and then see what I get back. If there's nothing substantial, I keep trying like a moth trying to commit suicide and reach into the afore mentioned turd barrel. Then, I end up saying weird things. You know, just really strange things, usually about poo, solely for my own amusement. Then they freak out, make an excuse and move on and I get to keep my seat.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It always comes down to the poo doesn't it...?