Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Forgive me, I've been busy

I’ve been busy trying to balance the stuff I love doing with the stuff I hate.

I’ve been trying to think of a way out of 9-5. An out to meetings, selling and being told I’m not chirpy enough.

I’ve been looking for a flat, for a new place and a new start with my best buddy.

I’ve been trying to be more tolerant to bullshit, but end up ranting regardless. Maybe even more than usual.

Now, don’t get me wrong. Everything is good. It’s great in fact. It’s just when you finally work out what you want out of life, it’s frustrating that getting it seems so far from reach. But enough about that. Let’s talk about the warehouse conversion that Luke and I are moving into.

It’s beautiful. You know when you walk in somewhere and you just know it’s for you? Well, it was exactly like that. I was almost afraid to say I liked it in case it was way out of our price range. But it wasn’t and now it’s ours. It’s got an amazing kitchen and I can’t wait to use the oven, it’s so big and shiny! It’s been great living in my big house with my four, sometimes five housemates, but it’s time for something new. It’s time to make the trip across the river. Straight up and then a little to the right. It’s time to embrace the bus and listen to da yoof’s hip hop blaring from the backseat rather than having my face in someone’s armpit on the Northern Line. I simply can’t wait.

The funny part about moving East London is the fact that it’s cool. And Luke and I aren’t really cool. We’re kind of on the far outskirts of cool. Actually, I might be a bit farther out than him. For all of you unfamiliar with East London, it’s the home of the over sized specs, hats, tights, baggy blazers, shoes with no socks and guys with floppy, half shaved hair. It’s a place where outrageous is encouraged, if not expected. But having said that, you also have those who appear effortlessly cool, but without a doubt spent about three hours tweaking their high waisted jeans before leaving the house. And then again, you have the people who are actually just fucking cool.

I must go. It’s 530pm and I have a long night of work ahead of me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's intensely frustrating when you know what you want, but can't get it. It sounds like you're putting some effort into your dreams though, so that's awesome.

PICS!!! I need pics of a warehouse space, that's so rock and roll! If you're in East London you should buy yourself a Les Paul and learn to play. Also dye your hair some freaky colours and wear glasses with fat ass rims... I really want some fat rims.