Sunday, January 11, 2009

I hope to wear a corset and a leather G

When I'm 65. Just like Grace Jones. Oh and wear cool hats. But I might have a cane to hit young folk with while looking non botox hot of course.

So I have had one of the best holidays ever. Definitely top five material. I'm feeling a little businesswomany having just played Monopoly, so I'm going to do a officy analogy. My time back at home has been one of reconnecting with my family and friends. In bussiness terms this would be known as someone who is a networking slut. So if reconnecting is like networking, and networking means free food, I've basically been going at the canapes and champagne over the past 19 days like a office bitch set free in a room of free stationary.

Have I lost you all?

Kind of? It's fine, just hold on. Or get something to eat to get you through the rest. So my holiday home has been pretty much that. It's pretty cool to be on holiday in a place that's your home. And having been away, you see everything in a new light. Adelaide for instance, has massive roads, a scary abundance of 70's style buildings and the most beautiful parklands, sunsets and stretches of beach. Adelaide also has some of my best and oldest friends and of course mum, who hopefully will not disown me for not crying at the airport. I can't help my inability to cry at proper emotional events. Perhaps someone should have shown me an Olympic event before boarding the plane. I've also had a awesome time in Sydney. I feel better knowing my nieces and nephews remember Nessie and of course, now, after last night, I have something to aspire to when I'm 65.

So when I leave on Tuesday morning, back to London, it's going to be done quietly. With no fuss and hopefully no excess luggage payment. I'm looking forward to going home but that's only because I've had such a great time in my old one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ninety nine per cent of the time I understand what you're talking about. Both in person and on here. But you've lost me on the Grace Jones thing. I can't imagine how everyone else feels.

And I can't wait to have you back here. (And for some reason I almost just wrote "in my womb". But I'm not sure I ever want you in my womb. I know you're going to take offense to that but that's life. My womb is out of bounds to you.)

Wood said...

I probably should have mentioned I saw Grace Jones at the opening of the Sydney Festival.

I'm actually ok with not being in your womb. Although I imagine it's pretty warm in there. But not in a gross way. Mine probably is too. I should stop typing now.