Sunday, December 28, 2008

6 days - the story so far

So now I'm back to normal. My arm movements regarding 'the lifestyle' have decreased dramatically i.e I've totally forgotten about it and I'm no longer feeling like London doesn't exist because now, I kind of miss it. Fradelaidians don't freak out about this (friends+Adelaide=fradelaidians! Sometimes I just want to congratulate myself). So, I'm feeling some weird zen-like balance epiphany thing. God, I love my epiphanies. And they always happen on a Sunday night. What would MacGyver do with this information? Hmm, anyway back to the zen thing. Perhaps it's because I'm sitting with my legs crossed. Or maybe it's because I'm feeling more chongbong than kilt today. Regardless, this is good news for the global Vanessa network because:

a. I know I'm not going to freak out when I get back to London and have some kind of crisis about the lack of vitamin D in my life

b. I know that I can come back to Australia and be happy - whenever that may be

High fives all around. My axis is spinning around like Kylie's early 2000 comeback.

Enough epiphany shit. Let's talk food. I've been gorging in Adelaide's culinary delights. Last night I was reunited with BBQ City. It was beautiful. How can one place provide so much happiness? Today was all about the mangoes. Some people find me hard to read, but when it comes to food, I'm like a Mills and Boon storyline. I merely glanced at a mango today and within ten seconds it was cut and plated up for me. Come home time I was cradling one in my arms like taking home my first newborn. Friends I tell you; this is why you have them. Speaking of friends, I really love all of mine. I keep on wanting to touch them which is really unlike me. I'm embracing it though so there's a lot of arm touching and hugging. Hopefully I'm not being too scary. At least I've stopped doing the lifestyle speech. Oh, and I even went to a sing-along chick flick movie, sang and liked it. Yes, I hear a collective 'shit'.

So at the moment I'm packing for Falls. Like every English festival I've been to, my much anticipated Australian one is going to be cold and wet. But it will be fun.

Anyway, I must go to bed. See y'all in 2009; the year of touching.

Stewman told me that sometimes my posts only make sense to me. I fear this one may be a little odd as my eyes are droopy and I've eaten a shit load of salt today. DANGER!

2 comments:

Franko said...

The Falls - I'm very jealous! Friends of mine have scored VIP tix to New Year's Day at The Shores, so I won't exactly be slumming it. Have you been for a walk up Mt Lofty yet?

Unknown said...

I am pleased to report that this post made much sense, though I'm not sure if Macgyver was an intelligence agent? Though there is a vague feeling I'm possibly wrong there? I know he can fix a radiator with a chicken egg though...

I do fear our gathering may have received less than our fair share of 'touching' and 'hugging' ... wassup with that?? Are Yoel and I not 'touchy' enough for ya??

Mmmmm Yoel touchiness.....