Monday, September 24, 2007

The important things in life

There are moments in my job that I stop and think about how I can possibly continue to do this without shooting myself in the head. Don’t get me wrong, most of the time when I get told to think of headlines that can only contain 5 words, be emotive and use the word cow, I say “sure”. Then there are days like today where I get phone calls saying “the client doesn’t like the word ‘commemorative’”. I say “how about celebration?” The account service person says “mmmm, ummm, yes, I guess that would do, but can you think of more?” I put the phone down and then smack myself in the head with my hand. Then I begin to recall other professionally fulfilling days at work. Like the time I had an argument with an account service person about whether you say “via email” or “by email”. I mean, seriously, this is important stuff. Am I actually having these conversations? Do I really get paid to do this? Can I possibly live with myself doing this completely bullshit job?

Sorry. I’m grumpy cause I haven’t had enough sleep and at 2:55pm my shoes are still drenched from this morning.

4 comments:

Dances With Zombies said...

your words speak directly to my soul...

Wood said...

There is so much pain...I was doing massive Stew rage yesterday.

Dances With Zombies said...

Where you doing the noise?

Wood said...

Of course.