Friday, August 17, 2007

26

Yep. I can't believe it. And I was just feeling ok with 25. Then BOOM. I'm 26. Another year older and kind of closer to 30 than I'd like. Surely I'd be a little more mature by now? Like some kind of overnight transformation. Mmm, overnight maturity. Like cheese. I could really do with a cheese platter. With fig jam. Oh, and a slice of pear. Camembert of course. Wait, no I couldn't. I am so full. This morning I woke up to an awesome breakfast surprise thanks to Skinner and Anna. We had pain du chocolat and croissants with cheese. Oh and grapes. And passion fruit juice, and if course, tea. Hell, it's England and it was kind of cold this morning. Then I got to work and had a piece of chcoclate mud cake on my desk with an oversized hobnob birthday card (it's so cool)and £50 worth of itunes vouchers! Then I ate some hobnobs (left over from being photographed for the card) with my tea. Then Kerry and Frances stopped past for lunch with me and my team at the bbq nazi place. Unfortunately I've had to do some work today which has totally ruined my otherwise fantastic birthday.

Yesterday I had the day off and spend it with mum. Actually, rewind that. It started on Wednesday night when mum and I went and got half price tickets to Les Miserables. It was my first time and it was really good. Oh and we had strawberry Haagen Daaz. Mum agreed that it was one of the best ice creams. Ok, maybe I have added some creative licence to that sentence, but she did say it was good. Then back to yesterday. I was hoping for a lie in, but mum was up and dressed at 8 and peering over at me, so I figured I should get up. We headed to Richmond for a coffee. There was a slight problem in the fact that no coffee shops were open, but we managed to find one and the coffee wasn't too rank (it's kind of hit and miss here).

Then we headed to Hamstead Heath (so we've gone from West London to North London) to find the famous view of London's cityscape. We found it, it was unimpressive, so we looked for somewhere to have lunch. We had the most amazing bread at this cute little pub. First off we had this beautiful ciabatta with pieces of olives and then, as I was feeling greedy, asked for seconds and got a basket full of sundried tomato bread. A total bonus.

Then mum and I headed to the National Gallery for some culture. It was good, but as usual when I am exposed to religious art, got extremely tired. Mum acted as guide and told me lots of interesting stuff which I tried really hard to retain, but forgot by the time we left.

After the influx of intellect and culture my brain needed a rest, so we went to Oxford Street. I didn't buy anything interesting (I am trying SO HARD to go shopping but I can't seem to find anything I like). Then we went to Busapa which is my favourite restaurant here. Everyone will be surprised to learn I ordered a curry (a real one - Muslim beef and had visible chili thank you very much). Mum tried some and said it was too hot for her. I think I may be hard core.

So tonight I'm heading to Islington for drinks and dinner, then Skinner, Anna, Cassie and I are heading to Euston to catch the train to Edinburgh at 11:25pm. Ewwww, night train. I found out it's going to be 15 degrees there and I didn't bring a jacket. Ugh. Oh well.

Biggest joke for today. Mum received my postcard from Hamburg which apparently had about 5 spelling mistakes and sentences (spelt that word wrong on it)that didn't make sense. I checked that it wasn't my atrocious handwriting. But mum double checked and realised it was just cause I'm a dumb ass. Yes, I am a fantastic hire as a writer. This is why I want to laugh when people ask me whether certain words need apostrophes etc. As if I bloody know!

Ok, gotta go down the pub. It's birthday drink time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HB Ness :)

Wood said...

Thanks Yyrood.