Monday, July 02, 2007

Mmm, cheese wheel

I just wanted to share that I ate the most amazing thing at the Borough Markets on Saturday. Imagine a huge cheese wheel that was being burnt over a fire. Then the melted cheese is dripped onto a pate of baby potatoes and gerkins. Mmmm, well, that was my lunch on Saturday. Yes, I suffered from massive cheese related stomach cramps that night and afternoon. But it was worth it.

The weekend was action packed. Went to the Punch and Judy pub at Covent Garden (minus the punch and judy, then ended up at a pub called the Porterhouse. I don't think I've ever seen such a big pub in my life. I think there were about 4 levels and a million beers to choose from. Then on Saturday, cheese goodness, watched AFL in Clapham Common and then headed out for a night at the various locals. As always in this bloosy country, Bon Jovi was danced to. Sunday was spent with my friend Sarah who I met travelling last year. She was in London for about 8 hours so we managed to meet halfway between my house and the airport for a whirlwind catch up.

Last night I cooked dinner for our usual Sunday night Party of Five dinner. My Asian roots were out in full force with my stir fry concoction and my homemade 'asian fusion' sauce. It was followed up with flapjack appple crumble and custard. Go me. I'm going to make some man a great lil' wifey one day.

I can't believe it's July already. It's scary how quickly time is flying. Hamburg in a couple of weeks!! Yay!!!!!!

Weather report: pissed down all weekend.
Current weather: cold but not raining

No comments: