Friday, June 29, 2007

Stuff

Well, it's been at least a week since my last confession so it's about time I give you some juicy details about my high flying London life.

To begin with I branched out in my biscuit eating and have tried a new type called Boasters. They have choc chips and hazelnuts in them. I like them a lot but there aren't as many in a packet and while I like quality, quantity is very important too.

Ascot was cool. I saw the Queen in her Queenmobile wave to everyone while going around the course (I waved back).I bumped into a guy I apparently used to hang around with when I was 14 and got drenched. Oh, the Brits do great port-a-loos. They have kind of green carpet in them and pictures on the wall. It was tres posh.

Despite it being 'summer' it has rained EVERY freakin' day for the past month. On Wednesday night it was especially nice when we were going to the supermarket, didn't bring an umbrella and ended up running to Waitrose in hail like rain. It was torrential.

Work has been crazy busy. Except for today when I am obviously faffing. Yesterday arvo all of the writers went to this talk in a cellar of one of the oldest pubs in London to hear this writer speak. It was just us and it was really cool. The dude had written a book about the history of words like 'arse' which I of course found fascinating.

Update, it's raining again. Sheesh.

Last night I went and saw Fat Freddy's Drop. They were awesome but the location wasn't as good as last year. I was patted down on entry, that should give you some idea of what the venue was like! Then on the way home there were severe delays on the tube and it took about an hour and a half to get home. Sucky tube.

Tonight I am spose to go to Covent Garden but there's been a bomb scare and the Picadilly line has been shut. Honestly, these bombers are so inconsiderate of my social life.

Tomorrow I may try and attempt going shopping again. I've been trying really hard to go shopping but it's just so draining. There are way too many people around, but I'll give it another crack. Wish me luck.

Ok, my team leader (who I sit next to by the way) keeps on looking at my computer. Must go!

xx

No comments: