Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I'm back, but here's more holiday stuff

Ok, so I'm back but let's pretend I'm not (insert some travelling back in time music). Ok, so I'm still in Tokyo. Today I was walking around Ginza and who do I see come out of a department store? None other than queen skank Paris Hilton. Yes, she is skanky. Yes, she is short. Yes, she needs to travel for 3.5 months and eat her way around Europe. Air is like, so not a diet. She was in Tokyo promoting her new single. I wish I was as talented as her....

Anyway, I got to Hong Kong ok after having to negotiate my way through crazy crowds at the local Asakusa Brazilian Festival the day I was leaving (yes, a Brazilian Festival in Tokyo). Hong Kong is/was cool. I went to China the day after I arrived in Hong Kong and really didn't like it. After years of having a complex about my snotty Asian nose, it was commented on more than one occaision how 'western' my 'high' nose was. It was honestly really hard to be in China. You can't walk one step in a shopping centre or market without people pulling at your arm and calling out 'missy, missy, you buy, you buy'. It really got too much, especially seeing as though I saw about two other foreigners while I was there, so there was a lot of staring going on. I understand the culture is different, but I found the people so rude, pushy and unfriendly. It was especially hard having come from such a friendly and calm place like Tokyo. I was glad to go back to Hong Kong, the people were still unfriendly but they didn't stare at me as much as they did in China.

So now I am back in Adelaide (insert current time theme music) and it feels like my holiday was just a dream - that's until I look at my bank statement and this crazy flanelette shirt thing in my wardrobe that I bought in Tokyo because the sales assisant was nice and spoke English to me (yes, I am a sucker).

You know what. I like this blog thing. My dribble will continue....oh, and I'll post up some more holiday photos too..

Seeya

1 comment:

Dances With Zombies said...

Nice work. Keep the blogging. It's very therapeutic. Though mine has remained sadly dormant for a bit.

Hope you're smiling today!!!
Cheers

Mr K