Saturday, June 03, 2006

Final NY Entry

Just sitting in the hotel waiting for my shuttle to the airport...

I have spent all day shopping which has been most satisfying yet I am still feeling a little unfulfilled. There was so much shopping potential, however due to spacing issues I had to restrain myself which was a little strange for me. I did of course manage to buy some things which I am not sure where exactly I am going to put seeing as though all of my bags are currently full....hmmmmm.

I am hoping my flight won't be delayed as it is quite foggy today due to the rain. I will be sad to say goodbye to New York but not to the people. At the beginning their rudeness was funny. Now it's just annoying. I am really over dumb ass yanks. They take themselves so seriously.

Across the road at the supermarket that I am in love with the check out 'associates' are the rudest people I have ever met!! They don't say hello to you, don't look you in the eye, take five hours to put your food through the checkout and act like it's the biggest inconvenience ever. How dare you make them work! Geez. Last night I decided I would try and be really friendly so I said thank you loudly and smiled (ok, so it was my fake smile but they didn't know that!). The check out 'associate' gave me a withering look, said nothing and then squirted moisturiser on her hands...

Must go collect my bags now. Next post, London.

No comments: